Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Some decent images from Canon G7X

Started by fizrinizam ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Some decent images from Canon G7X

11 posts
  1. Hi guys, i just wanna share some image samples from Canon G7X. I know its a bit outdated but quality is the same as Mark II. Just in case if anyone’s looking for affordable compact setup. All photos were taken in Tulamben last year.

     

    db2f3e58b6dcc7e2ce62a23401368582.jpg

     

    680069c61ce0fefe81008bc3f3aa1633.jpg

     

    2d88af86f88aa197f4107b7ea7e6ebb2.jpg

     

    e391ccf704b92f2515897fd218eb5597.jpg

     

    06cd7cd0558cdb1dfc7fccf35967bf3d.jpg

     

    List of gear being used.

     

    Canon G7X

    Dual Inon D2000

    Inon UWL H100

    Subsee +10 and Noodilab Shamu diopters

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Looks good! I see the Inon UWL vignetted a bit.

  3. Looks good! I see the Inon UWL vignetted a bit.

    Yes it is, even with N50 short port there’s still some vignette because of the 24mm fixed lens the G7X but its considerable for some WA shots.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. I use the G7x and love its versatility. I don't think its outdated and it lives up to its reputation. I have used Canons for underwater imaging since the early days of their 2.1 megapixel camera and have upgraded steadily through the years and recently arrived at the G7x after it came out. Still trying to master its capabilities and my own techniques.

    Your shots are lovely! and show what's possible in the right hands.

    I loved diving in Tulamben and hope to return again soon. I was last there in 2014 and was a bit weary to truly take advantage of the muck diving from the house reef where we stayed at Villa Markisa.

     

    Peter

  5. Nice pics!

  6. awesome :)

  7. How is the shutter lag on the G7X? Enough to give you some frustration in the field?

  8. excellent pics

  9. I use the G7x and love its versatility. I don't think its outdated and it lives up to its reputation. I have used Canons for underwater imaging since the early days of their 2.1 megapixel camera and have upgraded steadily through the years and recently arrived at the G7x after it came out. Still trying to master its capabilities and my own techniques.

    Your shots are lovely! and show what's possible in the right hands.

    I loved diving in Tulamben and hope to return again soon. I was last there in 2014 and was a bit weary to truly take advantage of the muck diving from the house reef where we stayed at Villa Markisa.

     

    Peter

    Absolutely agree with you. G7X does have a lot of things to offer when it comes to uw. I'm also a Canon user through out the years. Love the color science!

     

    Nick

     

     

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    Nice pics!

    Thank you!

     

     

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    awesome :)

    Thanks!

     

     

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. How is the shutter lag on the G7X? Enough to give you some frustration in the field?

    Its quite excellent as far as I concerned. Never really had any serious issue with it.

     

     

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  11. The "inch type" system doesn't refer to a measurement of the sensor, it's an obscure naming system based on Plex Kodi Lucky Patchervidicon tubes.

    Edited by nadhimw
Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.