Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Raja Ampat aboard the Blue Manta (GH5/Inspire 2)

Started by dreifish ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Raja Ampat aboard the Blue Manta (GH5/Inspire 2)

14 posts
  1. Raja Ampat season is coming to an end, so here is a short film celebrating some of the things that make it such an amazing place. The visibility may at times be challenging, but the scenery and wildlife is truly spectacular both above and below the waves.

     

    Altogether, I spent 7 trips in Raja Ampat aboard the Blue Manta liveaboard in 2017/2018. It's incredibly hard to try to condense that into 3 minutes, so my initial version was 6 minutes long. But most people's attention spans being what they are, here is a shorter edit. Hope you enjoy it!

     

    https://youtu.be/hUBSZQ-SphI

     

    Edit: Here is the 6 minute version as well:

     

    Edited by dreifish
  2. Beautiful, great photography and editing. Congratulations!

  3. Thanks for showing!
    Time to go there....

    Regards,
    Wolfgang

  4. Great and thanks for the directors cut!

  5. Lovely. I especially like the grading on the drone shots, lovely cinematic look!

  6. Very nice!!

  7. Lovely. I especially like the grading on the drone shots, lovely cinematic look!

     

    I agree as well, wonderful work. Thanks for sharing.

     

    .

  8. Outstanding filming and editing!! It get's me even MORE excited for my first trip next week with my new GH5!! Any advice for shooting with this camera? Settings, WB?, etc? Thanks!!

     

    Greg

  9. Well that was six minutes well spent. Thank you for posting this.

  10. Raja Ampat season is coming to an end, so here is a short film celebrating some of the things that make it such an amazing place. The visibility may at times be challenging, but the scenery and wildlife is truly spectacular both above and below the waves.

     

    Altogether, I spent 7 trips in Raja Ampat aboard the Blue Manta liveaboard in 2017/2018. It's incredibly hard to try to condense that into 3 minutes, so my initial version was 6 minutes long. But most people's attention spans being what they are, here is a shorter edit. Hope you enjoy it!

     

    https://youtu.be/hUBSZQ-SphI

     

    Edit: Here is the 6 minute version as well:

     

     

    Super amazing and inspiring. Fantastic filming, creativity and editing. Something to aspire to! Thanks for sharing.

    Edited by stphnmartin
  11. Very inspiring. Great edit. As I'm slowly learning editing with Adobe I realize how long this must have taken. I'm very interested in your lens port combos also what are your settings in the cave if you dont mind. Not only do the blacks look great the corners look good too. Something I'm struggling with with the Oly Pro 7-14 2.8

  12. Really beautiful and nice flying!

  13. Amazing, thanks for sharing!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.