Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam rx100m2 housing no bulkhead for vacuum

Started by lwang0622 ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam rx100m2 housing no bulkhead for vacuum

11 posts
  1. Has anyone else had this issue, I bought the housing in 2016... and my housing didnt have the bulkhead slot for the vacuum pump. I declined adding it as an accesorry on check out but just bought one now and realized I cant use it. After contacting the website I bought it from the sales associate was not helpful and initially told me the vacuum for nauticam housing for rx100m2 doesnt exist. Then he said there were 2 models and the one with the vacuum bulkhead came out later bc nauticam didnt offer the I'm curious as what the cut off was since I know the housing was initially released in 2013? Did I just get sold an older model... sad and upset about this

  2. Take your housing and vacuum unit to a local machine shop and tell them you need it to be drilled, tapped and spot faced fo your vacuum unit.

    Or send it to Reef Photo & Video. They advertise on this site!

  3. Thanks for that info. Yes I will be looking into using their site for future purchases as I will no longer use this other company

  4. It does not make sense. I remember I got one of the first models in 2013 and it had the bulkhead port it was one of the first released

     

    I think it may be the other way around as the bulkhead made non sense for the strobes they took it out of the housing...

  5. I got mine at the end of 2015 with the bulkhead slot.

    Before drilling a slot, make sure that the housing's electronics supports the nauticam vacuum.

    As far as i can remember, the electronics for the RX1002 housing didn't have capability to detect pressure / vacuum.

    Can you post a picture of your housing?

  6. There are third party vacuum systems like the leak sentinel, which work regardless of whether Nauticam has the vacuum system preinstalled.

  7. I posted a review on my blog interceptor121.com it works well especially in the plastic valve version

    Check you have the screw on the housing all of them have it

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Yes, I remember watching that actually. Very useful!

  9. Here it is I had double checked back on interceptors blog as well before I questioned it. I was able to return the bulkhead

    post-55718-0-48579900-1528318865_thumb.jpg

  10. Here it is I had double checked back on interceptors blog as well before I questioned it. I was able to return the bulkhead

    Your housing doesn’t have the hole because this was intended for the strobe bulkhead not the vacuum

    That solution didn’t work and Nauticam must jave redesigned the housing to remove it entirely and make it cheaper

    So your housing is one of the newer ones

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. Hi all

     

    Do you know if this vacuum system could be adapted on Sea & Sea housing for RX100 ?

     

    Thanks !

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.