Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

My 200th Post ....

Started by Giles ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

My 200th Post ....

9 posts
  1. My 200th Post ....

    I just wanted to make my 200th post completely self absorbed ... just so i could see what marine creature i became now ... i am going to be so gutted if i don't change on this post !!!

     

    and 200 posts makes me a ..........

  2. Manta ray! Don't they have big mouths? ;-)

  3. On that note, I don't think I've ever seen a "Moderator" while diving. What type of creature is that exactly Alex? :)

  4. I'm not sure, but I get the impression we are pretty close to the bottom of the food chain!

  5. A 'moderator', which requires 634 posts, is obviously a lesser species than a 'Giant Squid' that requires 877 posts. Manta Rays are obviously further down the food chain.

     

    Is the hierachy here such that the lesser-post marine creature would always be killed and eaten by the greater-post marine creature if they got into a fight underwater? Someone who knows something about marine biology might want to check this out, as it's definitely the way it should be set up.

     

    :)

  6. Is the hierachy here such that the lesser-post marine creature would always be killed and eaten by the greater-post marine creature if they got into a fight underwater?

     

    It appears to be more size than fierceness-based. The giant squid Architeuthis is now thought to be a flabby soft creature who waits upright in the water for fish & smaller squid to blunder into its dangling tentacles (sorry, Tom). Obviously if it were based on who eats who in the end the worms would definitely be on top!

    Leslie

  7. Leslie, I am so sad to hear about the Architeuthis! :-( I always laugh when restaurants serve "giant squid" on the menu. Ew gross! Real architeuthis tastes like rotten ammonia...

     

    Cheers

    James

  8. Sad, isn't it? The mighty kraken debased to a smelly lurker......

     

    Did any Dosidicus gigas beachings occur while you were in Santa Barbara, James? These might be the giant squid you've seen on menus. They get up to 6 feet and are quite tasty.

  9. I'm always up for revamping the system. I went in there are more or less banged out some names without thinking too much about them. :)

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.