Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Lens stuck on Nikonos III

Started by redgrouper ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Lens stuck on Nikonos III

5 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    Bad surprise after a season off diving, impossible to pull and twist my 15mm lens off my nikonos III as usual. No matter how hard I pull ...

    I tried to let a few weeks go as I thought it might be a vacuum effect created from temperature variation, I even tried to leave it in lukewarm water with no result.

     

    Any piece of advice?

     

    Many thanks

  2. To insure vacuum is not a problem, remove flash cable/plug .

    Remember to replace before submerginp again.

  3. To insure vacuum is not a problem, remove flash cable/plug .

    Remember to replace before submerginp again.

     

    Thanks! I did not think about that.

    Only issue is, I have never used flash and it is going to be a challenge taking the screw cap off, seems to be completely stuck.

    Edited by redgrouper
  4. soak in SaltX

  5. Or wrap something around it soaked in a mix of white vinegar and water and leave overnight.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.