- 11Posts
- 11Replies
Read-only discussion
Scratched glass
-
-
Hi,
this looks like a coated lens, so no polishing! Otherwise you get a "cloudy" surface....
You can only try to find the same lens with a scratched front lens, and then change the element.
Have done that with a Inon UFL-165AD with the rear element.
Regards,
Wolfgang -
Hi,
Sorry to see that.
Is this the UWL-H100 67MM. type 1?
Like on this picture.
Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk


-
Inon UWL-H100 Wide Conversion Lens 28LD Mount
-
Can't help you with it I've got another.
Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk
-
The scratch is really close to the edge of the lens. If you manage to align the scratch with the top center or lower center position of the lens into the housing most probably you can get the scratch out of the field of view of the sensor and if so it does not mess with the pictures
-
The scratch is really close to the edge of the lens. If you manage to align the scratch with the top center or lower center position of the lens into the housing most probably you can get the scratch out of the field of view of the sensor and if so it does not mess with the pictures[/quo
Thanks for the input I will give that a try I was trying to find it on some photos but will try again once I'm home from my dive trip
-
-
To do what the previous poster says check that you dont see it in the fov
if you do undo the plastic LD part with an allen key and rotate one or two positions then reset
-
Have you actually even seen the scratch in the image? My guess is you'll never notice it. See the following for an extreme example.
https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2008/10/front-element-scratches/
Repairs can be quite pricey. I probably wouldn't bother unless it really stands out in your images, if it's noticeable at all.
-
Thank I haven't noticed it as mentioned earlier I dont think it is in front of the sensor. Thanks for the info!