Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Aquatica housings + gear

Started by Ontogeny ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica housings + gear

16 posts
  1. I'm switching over to a 1DX mark II, so my current Aquatica 7D and 5D II stuff has to go.

     

    I keep trying to reason with myself to keep them as a backup... like I could go out with both a fisheye and a macro... but I can't really justify it.

     

    I have a very strong preference to sell in person in the SF Bay Area or SoCal. I'd much prefer to not ship and deal with wire transfers. If you buy from me locally I'll take you out and show you how to use the gear, too. That way you know it works and learn the tips and tricks.

     

    7D stuff:

    $1100 Aquatica A7D Housing + BackScatter vacuum system + extra o-rings + moisture alarm

    $575 Canon 7D + CF cards + extra batteries + grip... also a $65 RSS plate I bought last month, didn't expect to end up with a 1DX :)
    $475 - Tokina 10-17mm + focus gear

    $150 Port Extension ring (48453)

     

    5D:

    $1100 Aquatica 5D II housing

    $450 Canon 15mm f/2.8 fisheye

    $400 Sigma 15mm f/2.8 fisheye

     

    These can work on either housing:

    $1000 Aquatica 9.25" megadome clean, no scratches, dome included

    $600 Aquatica Macro (18430) + extender (48453) for 100mm f/2.8L IS... used once :cry:

    $500 Aquatica 6" dome + shade + neoprene cover (I just bought this, haven't even used it...)

     

    $950 2x Sea & Sea YS-250 ($450 ea) + dual sync cord

     

    I am probably forgetting something and will check again tomorrow.

     

    If you want samples, I've posted quite a few at instagram.com/clayton_fischer

     

    I have more photos available, happy to email if interested!

    post-65691-0-83071200-1528862671_thumb.jpg

    post-65691-0-56458200-1528862685_thumb.jpg

    post-65691-0-49299600-1528862702_thumb.jpg

    post-65691-0-68562000-1528862716_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Ontogeny
  2. Forgot to mention a couple things - the shutter on the 7D seems to leak salt super slowly. Slowly as in, after a few years there's a tiny bit of white buildup next to it. BackScatter said to soak it in hot water and it should clear right up, or they can clean it for $20. It doesn't affect holding a vacuum or any other part of operations.

     

    The other note was the Canon 15mm fisheye has a small dent in the metal lens hood. It doesn't affect anything, but it's a cosmetic blemish that you should be aware of.

  3. Should also mention that the strobes have 5 batteries + two chargers.

  4. Sale pending on:

     

    $1100 Aquatica A7D Housing + BackScatter vacuum system + extra o-rings + moisture alarm

    $575 Canon 7D + CF cards + extra batteries + grip... also a $65 RSS plate I bought last month, didn't expect to end up with a 1DX :)
    $475 - Tokina 10-17mm + focus gear

    $150 Port Extension ring (48453)

    $950 2x Sea & Sea YS-250 ($450 ea) + dual sync cord

    $500 Aquatica 6" dome + shade + neoprene cover (I just bought this, haven't even used it...)

    Going to take him out in Monterey Bay in a month or two and see if he digs it.

    Had a lot of interest in the YS-250 strobes, folks get dibs in order received. Thanks!

  5. Pending sale on 5D, megadome, 15mm fisheye.

  6. Would you sell the macro port separately from the extension?

  7. Hi uwphoto, I would. Sending you a PM.

  8. 5D Mark II and megadome still for sale. The person interested decided to go with a GoPro instead because it was simpler. :blum:

  9. Update:

    Megadome - sold

    Sigma 15mm fisheye - sold

    5D mark II housing - sold

     

    Pending sale (in September, I just prefer to do business in person):

    7D + accessories

    7D housing

    10-17mm with gear

    6" dome + port extension ring

    YS-250 strobes + dual sync cord

     

    Still available:

    $600 Aquatica Macro (18430) + extender (48453) for 100mm f/2.8L IS... used once :cry:

    $450 Canon 15mm f/2.8 fisheye

     

    Thanks!

  10. Almost everything is sold.

     

    Only this remains:

    $600 Aquatica Macro (18430) + extender (48453) for 100mm f/2.8L IS... used once :cry:

     

    Also realized I have no need for my "Nauticam Viewfinder Mounting Ring for Aquatica Housing" - $80 shipped.

  11. Interested in the Macro. What's the best price you can do. Also do you still have the tokina zoom ring?

  12. All I have left is the Aquatica Macro (18430) + extender (48453) for 100mm f/2.8L IS and Nauticam Viewfinder Mounting Ring for Aquatica Housing. Sorry about the delay, somehow I didn't notice this response.

     

    At this point I am willing to ship.

    Edited by Ontogeny
  13. All I have left is the Aquatica Macro (18430) + extender (48453) for 100mm f/2.8L IS and Nauticam Viewfinder Mounting Ring for Aquatica Housing. Sorry about the delay, somehow I didn't notice this response.

     

    At this point I am willing to ship.

    Bummer i ended up getting the af flat port and ring

     

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  14. PM plz, I am interested in the Mount ring and wanted it ASAP.

  15. Nauticam Viewfinder Mounting Ring for Aquatica is sold.

  16. Like to buy the Micro macro port 18430 and 48453

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.