- 6Posts
- 6Replies
Read-only discussion
Help, stuck port adapter
-
Help,I have a Nauticam N100 to N120 35/5 adaptor with Focus knob s/n A165351 that seems stuck to my extension ring 50 w/lock s/n/A165535.I am trying to separate the two parts but have not been able to do so. Any suggestions? I am not sure if I put it together incorrectly or? I am able to use it in the condition that it is in but thought that separating the parts would be a good idea after my last liveaboard trip a couple of weeks ago.Any suggestions on how to do this are greatly appreciated. I attached 2 photos to show the current alignment.Thanks, Rob
-
Hi Rob, yes, the alignment is incorrect. The way it should be put together is: you put the 50mm ring onto the 100-120 adaptor so that the "o" on the ring is aligned to the "l" on the adaptor and then twist it so that the "o" on the ring is aligned to "o" on the adaptor.
Here's what it should look like assembled:
-
in the position it is in now you should be able to just pull them apart. Just wiggle it and twist it back and forth a mm or two and it should pull right off.
-
Assume you have the instructions with details on how to confirm that the lock is disengaged. If you are 100% sure this is unlocked try a pair of strap wrenches to rotate in the correct direction.
-
Thanks everyone for your quick responses. I had already tried a couple of strap wrenches but no joy. After your suggestions, I patiently tried rotation and got some movement. Ultimately, they are now separated.
Thanks!
Robotten
-
Thanks everyone for your quick responses. I had already tried a couple of strap wrenches but no joy. After your suggestions, I patiently tried rotation and got some movement. Ultimately, they are now separated.
Thanks!
Robotten
Phew!!