Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam + Inon UWL-h100 m67 type 2

Started by brousseb ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam + Inon UWL-h100 m67 type 2

7 posts
  1. Quick question I was hoping somebody could answer. When I attach my UWL-h100 m67 type lens to my nauticam housing, the back of the lens is touching the front element of the housing. It is screwed in all the way, is this normal or is there supposed to be a buffer between the back of the lens and housing. The lens is about .5mm recessed from the part that touches the housing glass.

     

    If this is not normal, can I do anything to increase the space?

  2. Im wondering if I could pop out the glass of my unused 67mm red filter and use it to give a few more mm clearance, any issues with that?

  3. You can buy a cheap 67mm UV filter with very thin profile, break the glass and use that as a spacer. However, make sure to loosen up the spacer and rinse after every dive. If not rinse often, once salt build up on the spacer thread, it will be very very hard to remove it. Also, do not over tighten the spacer, just hand tight is enough, don't force it.

  4. Hi,

    That's the difference between type1 and 2.

     

    You can change a type2 to a type1 and vice-versa by changing a ring on the back. There are two types. The one in the picture is for converting from 1 to 2. I think you need the other one.c5ff00ec251887383713a8db8328bce2.jpg

     

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

  5. Type 2 is for Nauticam, so I have the right one. I used an old 67mm filter (minus the filter) to get a few extra mm. Hopefully the extra water wont be a big deal. No vignetting on land so it should be fine.

  6. Actually I think I'll leave it as is, even through it's leaving some scratches on the front element of the nauticam, they are not in the image circle (when the lens is removed). When I use a spacer, it impacts sharpness, especially in the corners.

  7. Hi

     

    I've got the same setup as you do. (I Converted my type 1 into 2.)

    There's a very small space indeed between the lenses but they don't touch. I tried it diving and it's works well. You have to zoom in a little to get rid of the vignetting.

    I've some pics with this lense posted on my Instagram. @uwshoot

     

    Rob2ec8b36472a01e910dd0cf8a97883d5f.jpg6725296d517286719053e45ad56f40dc.jpg

     

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.