I am using Lightroom 6 and have no plans to move to CC. The new RX100 vi seems quite interesting and I am considering it for a land travel camera.
Will Lightroom 6 be able to read the RAW images or will I have issues?
Or is it too early to know.
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by diver dave1 ·
Read-only discussion
I am using Lightroom 6 and have no plans to move to CC. The new RX100 vi seems quite interesting and I am considering it for a land travel camera.
Will Lightroom 6 be able to read the RAW images or will I have issues?
Or is it too early to know.
You will have issues:
if the camera is not already listed Adobe won't support without going CC. You can use the DNG converter to allow you to process Raw images or jump ship. One cheap way might be to use Photoshop elements once they announce support to make a tif file or switch to Capture 1.
Thanks for the information and suggestions. I downloaded the DNG converter and will give it a try when needed.
Alternatively you can use the Sony raw converter Imaging Edge (I think that is it). Then move to LR
Cheers
BVA
With a Sony camera, you also have access to a free version of Capture One Express, and a heavily discounted ($79, as opposed to $299) version of Capture One Pro.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.