Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Vacuum valve for nauticam omd e-m5 housing

Started by arbo1985 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Vacuum valve for nauticam omd e-m5 housing

4 posts
  1. Hi! I'd like to know if anybody ever tried the d&d v5 vacuum valve (sold by an online Austrian website).it looks the same of the one produced by the vivid but have the electrical pump for a lower price...thanks for your advices.

     

    Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

  2. Do you mean Sea&Sea? If so, yes, its the same as the Vivid Leak Sentinel V5.... I have one on my NA-EM5 housing and am very pleased with it. I have the manual pump and prefer that because I can count how many pump cycles it takes to get the LED to go green, and it doesnt require me to keep track of more batteries....

    HTH

  3. Hi, I too just got a new Nauticam for the Nikon D500, and instead of the Nauticam vacuum valve, I installed the Vivid Sentinel 4 Vacuum Leak Detector. The Vivid electric vacuum pump creates a vacuum in record time. The built in Nauticam electronics and LED light work fine with the Vivid detector..

     

    The UnterwasserKamera detector looks identical to the Vivid Sentinel 4, maybe it is just a repackaged version.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.