Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

[A7SII]Raja ampat

Started by Miru ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

[A7SII]Raja ampat

16 posts
  1. Hello guys

    I was in Raja ampat this FEB

    It was my first time there, and corals and critters there were truly amazing

     

    I stayed in Biodiversity eco resort, was peaceful and calm, but no air-conditioning or fans. so we had to struggle with moist inside camera

    Yenbuba jetty was my favorite, but during my dives in Yenbuba jetty I experienced terrible water leakage in my camera, so I had to let go of my a7s2 there, and used r2 which I brought for land-pictures (I was lucky in some sense)

     

    A7sii,A7rii, sea&sea housing, SEL1635, SEL90M, weefine 8000lumen(x2)

    (ps. Does anyone have good idea for using fisheye with A7?)

    Final cut pro x, davinci resolve

     

    Feel free to leave comments or advise.

     

    Edited by Miru
  2. Nice video... !!!

     

    Want to ask if you use auto wb or the underwater wb on the r2? Or it's manual?

    You shot it at 4k? Or which video mode? I also am going r4 in Dec. Want to try the setting out before I get there

  3. Thank you hellhole, I used underwater wb when shooting in natural light, but I used manual & automatic WB when I was using my video lights.

    Yes, I did in 4K, 24fps.

  4. Lovely mate. Planning a trip to raja right now actually.

  5. Well done, waiting to april for the crossing cruise on Mermaid II.

  6. Looking sharp! Are you using Filmora in editing?

  7. Very well made! Congratulations!

  8. I use both. As underwater WB mode makes sometimes everything red, in case I use video lights, but when I keep it steady and focus on things, color become less red and sometimes very natural.

    And I did it in 4K, 24fps. And no picture profile.

     

    Nice video... !!!

    Want to ask if you use auto wb or the underwater wb on the r2? Or it's manual?
    You shot it at 4k? Or which video mode? I also am going r4 in Dec. Want to try the setting out before I get there


    Thanks mate. I use Davinci resolve, Final cut pro X.

    Looking sharp! Are you using Filmora in editing?

  9. Like the video. It is kind of uplifting.

    Not sure I understand your question about using fisheye lens.

    I have Sony a7Rii as well, and I used 28mm with a wish eye lens combination. It works well for large fish, like in manta rays. You could see in my video: https://youtu.be/dJKKAWb0Efs.

     

    Also, how did you managed do UW white balance with this camera. It does not work for me underwater.

    Thanks again for the video. It is great.

  10. Beautiful and professional video! Nice mix of natural audio, voice and soundtrack.

     

    Did you use final cut pro for the editing/

  11. Great video! I will be in Raja next month, my third trip. Never do any video, but love yours so much! I have the A7II R, maybe I will give it a go this time. What kind of video light do you use? Cheers.

  12. Really nice, Miru. Well done!

  13. Beautiful!!!!!

  14. Like the video. It is kind of uplifting.

    Not sure I understand your question about using fisheye lens.

    I have Sony a7Rii as well, and I used 28mm with a wish eye lens combination. It works well for large fish, like in manta rays. You could see in my video: https://youtu.be/dJKKAWb0Efs.

     

    Also, how did you managed do UW white balance with this camera. It does not work for me underwater.

    Thanks again for the video. It is great.

     

    I tried underwater AWB, but it is not constant as I move around or sun light change suddenly. So I recently started to do some manual WB by shooting coral rubbles or sand, in very shallow water like 5-10M. Then it shows pretty cool WB. Even I go deeper, I just add some red on the same WB, and I go really deep, I just set Kelvin like 4000K or 4200K

    Beautiful and professional video! Nice mix of natural audio, voice and soundtrack.

     

    Did you use final cut pro for the editing/

    Thank you, yes i did FCPX.

    Great video! I will be in Raja next month, my third trip. Never do any video, but love yours so much! I have the A7II R, maybe I will give it a go this time. What kind of video light do you use? Cheers.

    I am on Weefine 8000 from Hongkong. Its too warm compare to Keldan

    Really nice, Miru. Well done!

    Thank you Tim

    Beautiful!!!!!

    Thank you Alfonso!

  15. Very beautiful video Miru, as always, wonderful. Sorry to hear about the camera flood, that sucks. Just wanted to ask for the video work, did you prefer using the A7sII or the A7rII? I'm guessing your first choice would be the A7sII but just interested in the real life pros and cons since you had a chance to use both in the same environment. Thanks.

  16. Very beautiful video Miru, as always, wonderful. Sorry to hear about the camera flood, that sucks. Just wanted to ask for the video work, did you prefer using the A7sII or the A7rII? I'm guessing your first choice would be the A7sII but just interested in the real life pros and cons since you had a chance to use both in the same environment. Thanks.

    Yeah... I'll never forget the moment.. I should have pull it out sooner, but I just dived with it, and it was disaster :)

     

    For me, the only reason I use R2 underwater is because 4K super35 mode, which not available in S2, S2 only supports FHD super35, not 4K. With super35 mode, I can shoot close up of some fish or medium-size critters, like frogfish, pipefish, big nudibranch and crabs with my 16-35 lens. The general quality is better in s2, especially in deeper condition..

     

     

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.