Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Lens recommendations Nikon D800

Started by Tancred ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Lens recommendations Nikon D800

5 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I have just bought a D800 and need some help regarding lenses.

     

    I am looking to shot only wideangle/Fisheye. Did have the D200 and Tokina 11-16 before and liked it.

     

    I have never owned a fullframe camera before, thats we I need some recommondations.

     

    I would consider a used lens in the pricerange of 400-600 USD.

     

    Any tip is welcome :)

     

     

    Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

  2. Hi Mathias

     

    I used a D800 for 5-6 years and was delighted with it - I'm in the process of selling all my D800 gear now!

    I can recommend the Sigma 15mm for a fisheye; and the Nikkor 16-35 for wide-angle.

     

    If you shoot the Nikkor 16-35 you really need a 230 domeport. The Sigma is fine with an 8" port.

     

    My experience with the D800 was that you only needed 3 lenses: Sigma 15mm, the Nikkor 16-35 and a Nikkor 105mm.

     

    If you are interested in the Sigma lens, which I'm selling, PM me.

     

    Best wishes

     

    Tim

    Edited by TimG
  3. PM sent.

  4. And replied... and email sent.

  5. I agree with those lens recommendations made above. The Sigma 15 for wide angle and the 105 for macro will make you very happy! Do consult the Nauticam port charts if that's the housing you are using as their recommendations for the proper port, etc. are spot on! Have fun with the camera. I took some fabulous shots with my D800.

     

    Cheers!

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.