Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus Zoom Gear

Started by bilgerat ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus Zoom Gear

4 posts
  1. Has anyone here had any dealings with Deepshots

    I’m chasing zoom gears for my 9-18 and 12-40 Olympus lenses in my Nauticam housing

    The gears available from Deepshots are considerably cheaper than the original Nauticam ones that I can buy in Oz I just want to make sure they’re up to the job

    Also I didn’t realise til today that the Nauticam gears are interchangeable with the Olympus ones I suspected that the gearing etc was different but not so

    Thanks

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. I did have a zoom gear from deep shots for one of my lenses as nauticam didn’t do it at the time. Quality is fairly good. Only irritation was that you had to use a baby Allen key to tighten the zoom gear to the lens unlike the nauticam ones.

     

     

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. A+ for deepshots gears and service, I got mines with my name printed on them!

  4. As for DeepShots, I got the budget 12-50 gear from them (no way to engage macro) and like it.

     

    Olympus/Nauticam interchangeability: I thought the nautical gears could be used in Olympus housing but maybe not vice versa. The Olympus gears have quite thick gears along the axis of the lens. If they are interchangeable why not just get the Olympus 9-18, it's super cheap.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.