Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

what are using for inventory management?

Started by martys ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

what are using for inventory management?

8 posts
  1. what are using for inventory management?

    So I'm using Breezebrowser for quicky scanning my ever growing collection of images that I've catagorized into directories by date and location, but I'm quickly reaching a point where I'm starting to print collections of, say, anemones or sea stars or nudibranchs or ... you get the idea.

     

    So what are good, flexible, scalable Windows apps that provide good cataloging without forcing me to abandon the browsing and editing apps I already like to use and work well for me?

     

    I'm looking for something that will allow me to enter and search on multiple keywords, capture dates and or location data.

     

    thanks,

    Marty

  2. I'm looking for the same thing and was hopeing to find software that uses Access. The idea being that even if the software stops being updated, the data is in a standard well known formatt and could still be used. I'd also like to support various versions of the same image. IE the original RAW or JPG image, the image after I'm done (am I ever done???) messing with it in photoshop, a jpg version of that and smaller versions for the web, etc

     

    A google search found: http://www.jamiessoftware.tk/ I have no idea how good this is and am hoping someone with more experience will answer your post. In the mean time I'm thinking of downloading it and giving it a try.

     

    James

  3. Inventory Management

    I am using Extensis Portfolio. Allows all the things you mention, keyword searches etc.

    I have my fish catalogued by Genus Species Family Location etc...

    it can also find similar photos on the database, sand some other features i have not yet played with. The Drawback is the price - at $500 or so it is not cheap.

    their website is http://www.extensis.com

     

    O.

  4. ACDSee is a great browser and has a decent image editor (if you buy the Power Pack) however the search and crossreferencing capabilities are NOT what you are looking for. Price is around $50-60.

  5. I use IMatch (www.photools.com). Great extension capabilities with scripts, and has full metadata export options as well.

  6. I am using IMatch too, I love the flexibility of the cataloging system!

     

    You can set IMach to use whatever app you like to open/edit the images.

  7. Cypics (www.cywarp.com) has a very powerful keyword based cataloging system. As far as I know it is based on MS Access Database.

  8. I use iView Media Pro, which has a variety of other nice features along with the keyword searching, categorization and image tagging. It started out as a Macintosh application, but is cross platform compatible now.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.