Hi all,
I am new to this board so I hope I am here in the correct section. I have a question relating to a new purchase and I was hoping that someone here could help me with my dilemma.
I used to have a Sony RX100ii camera with a Nauticam housing but due to unforeseen circumstances I need to replace that camera. As I am merely an enthusiast photographer I have no need for high end reflex camera's etc. I always liked the RX camera and I was thus secretly hoping that the new Sony RX100vi would be an improvement for underwater purposes against its predecessors. I am however afraid that that is not the case.
I was thus contemplating to buy the Sony RX100v (with the Nauticam housing and wet lenses) but it is mentally difficult to buy an 'old' camera that came out in 2016 whilst a newer version exists. Another option that I was therefore considering was to buy the new Panasonic GX9 micro four camera and use the standard kit lens (ie 12 - 32 mm) on it so that I could also use wet lenses. Buying high-end lenses that require big dome ports is not really something I desire.
I was wondering whether someone has experience with the use of such standard lenses underwater in combination with wet lenses? I am especially afraid that the standard lens will not perform well in dark circumstances as I am currently not using strobes.
Many thanks in advance.
Best,
Wouter