Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Komodo 4K Sony A7RII.

Started by TaxiDiver14 ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Komodo 4K Sony A7RII.

11 posts
  1. Nice video.

    Lens set-up?

     

    Eric

  2. Nice video.

    Lens set-up?

     

    Eric

    Sony FE 16-35 for wide... mised the FE 12-24 for some shots.

    Sony FE 90mm GM for macro shots at 135mm.

  3. Thanks. I have the same set-up, plus de 28mm and the WWL-1

    What do you mean with FE90 Macro at 135? You shot in APS-C mode in Macro?

    Does it help AF? (really a pain at f/16, even in AF-S mode, not talking about AF-C that is impossible...)

     

    Eric

  4. Thanks. I have the same set-up, plus de 28mm and the WWL-1

    What do you mean with FE90 Macro at 135? You shot in APS-C mode in Macro?

    Does it help AF? (really a pain at f/16, even in AF-S mode, not talking about AF-C that is impossible...)

     

    Eric

    Yes shot mostly macro on APSC as I didnt take any close up lense. All shot in AF-C.
  5. Would be interesting to know why you shoot Macro in APS-C mode and note Full-Frame.

    Any reason? Is AF better?

    Eric

  6. Would be interesting to know why you shoot Macro in APS-C mode and note Full-Frame.

    Any reason? Is AF better?

    Eric

    Well in APS-C mode de 90mm becomes a 135mm and critters are magnified 1.5X. Also AF works better and DOF is better.
  7. Right. But in APS-C mode you drop resolution from 42Mp to 18Mp... No more cropping in post-editing.

    About AF, i must that is the pain with Sony A7 Rii.

    As soon as i close aperture below f/8, AF-C mode is no longer possible.

    Of course, in Macro, i use f/16 ti f/22 with the sony 90 Macro lens. AF-S mode... but so slow... if it finds focus... Zzzzzz.... Zzzzzz.

    I learned that in fact, unlike on DSLR, ILCE from Sony do autofocus at set aperture and not at lens open... Just because of focus shift issue...

    As user, we should have the choice in th emenu.

    Eric

  8. Right. But in APS-C mode you drop resolution from 42Mp to 18Mp... No more cropping in post-editing.

    About AF, i must that is the pain with Sony A7 Rii.

    As soon as i close aperture below f/8, AF-C mode is no longer possible.

    Of course, in Macro, i use f/16 ti f/22 with the sony 90 Macro lens. AF-S mode... but so slow... if it finds focus... Zzzzzz.... Zzzzzz.

    I learned that in fact, unlike on DSLR, ILCE from Sony do autofocus at set aperture and not at lens open... Just because of focus shift issue...

    As user, we should have the choice in th emenu.

    Eric

    Well Im doing video and in APS-C video is better on A7RII.
  9. How is WWL-1 ? I am using SEA&SEA housing with my A7S2, R2

    But lens I can use in that housing is very limited. so I am considering chaging my housing to nauticam for fisheye and many other reasons.

     

    How is AF in WWL-1, and resolution?

    May I see the results?

  10. beautiful video and very inspiring. I have just purchased the same system, a7rii 16-35mm and I am still trying to find the best setting for different situations which is leading to out of focus photos and dull colours. any advice you may have on setting you used to achieve such beautiful footage would be greatly appreciated :) 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.