Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Dome replacement for Precision Pana 8mm

Started by Timz ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Dome replacement for Precision Pana 8mm

3 posts
  1. Hi everyone.

     

    Last year, I bought a used 4" Precision Dome port from another member at an extremely good deal. Everything was great and nice.

     

    But my first wide angle experience has landed my port on the coral. Thank god, the coral was ok. Just some scratches on my port.

     

    I went back and polished the port with a number of car polishing product and it did work for most minor scratches... But the deep one remain there... Anyway, I didn't care much as it's not so visible if I am shooting subject further than a feet.

     

    Fast forward one and a half year later, I've done more scratches and re-polishing on the dome and I think it's time to change the acrylic dome.

     

    Does anyone knows if the acrylic dome is replaceable? I know dome made by Nauticam and AOI are replacable. May I know if anyone has any experience replacing the acrylic dome for this port?

     

    Thanks.0686c8843926c4ac786ee754926a59e3.jpg39ea058219b700beda5ed898b0f505c4.jpg

     

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  2. Hi Timz

     

    I am the manufacture of this product. I can replace the dome, Please send me a email and we can discuss the procedure,

     

    Bill Libecap

     

    Info@UWCAmerastuff.com

  3. Hi Timz

     

    I am the manufacture of this product. I can replace the dome, Please send me a email and we can discuss the procedure,

     

    Bill Libecap

     

    Info@UWCAmerastuff.comks

    Hi Bill,

     

    Thanks for your quick response. I've sent you and email with the title Replacement dome for precision

    Edited by Timz
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.