Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Buying direct from Subal does it work?

Started by onokai ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Buying direct from Subal does it work?

7 posts
  1. Anyone had a recent buying direct experience with Subal? I need a zoom gear for a Nikon AF 24-85mm f2.8-f4 D lens for my ND 800 housing

    ​This is an odd gear but they show it on their site-I'm located in the US.

    I know the US distributors cannot get stuff from Subal very easy or at all and I'm wondering if they are shipping direct anywhere these days?

    Mark

    Edited by onokai
  2. I bought a ND500 housing, EXRs and zoom rings from them towards the end of last year. No problems at all. I did however email them just over a week ago about another EXR and zoom ring but have had no response. Maybe holiday time?

  3. Reef Photo configured a zoom gear for my AF 24-85mm f 2.8-4.

    But I found the lens to lack some sharpness on the D800E

     

    Elmer

  4. Reef Photo configured a zoom gear for my AF 24-85mm f 2.8-4.

    But I found the lens to lack some sharpness on the D800E

     

    Elmer

    Were you using it in macro mode or a wide angle non macro mode-I wanted to use the macro mode with small dome.

  5. Were you using it in macro mode or a wide angle non macro mode-I wanted to use the macro mode with small dome.

    I tried both, but went to macro mode with a flat port.

     

    Elmer

  6. I,ve purchased 3 sets of Subal housings , 6 units, from Reef and have been 100% satisfied.

    For US residents, Florida is closer than Austria!

  7. I have purchased parts directly from Subal, also from ReefPhoto and from Backscatter, all performed well. If the US stores have the parts, their reply is much faster.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.