I spent a whole dive trip a few weeks ago using the LSD and thought, on occasion, I'd beat it to death on a rock.
I agree, very hard to coordinate - even harder, I found, to light the right place - and, weirdly, to get the exposure right.
After about 25 dives I found that only having one strobe attached helped - obviously with the LSD on it. I had it mounted at an angle of about 30 degree directly above the housing - and reasonably firmly tightened but still able to adjust slightly. I was using an Inon Z240 and, most of the time, had the focussing light switched on with a red filter on it.
I found many times that I could get the strobe into the right position - as confirmed by the focussing light. But when I fired the shutter the image was quite often pitch black - even though without the LSD the exposure, using TTL, was perfect. I just could not figure out what the issue was and it almost drove me crazy.
Some Lessons Identified: superb buoyancy skills essential, massive patience and time, serious focus on what you are doing, a dive buddy with the patience of several saints.
I did get some great results though- well I thought so. I'm not sure my partner appreciated them quite as much 
I'\d most certainly use it again on my next trip, The potential is amazing but, wow, a steep learning curve for sure.
So, thoughts, Oscar?




