Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

M67 Diopter on Nauticam Compact Port 50

Started by DanielD ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

M67 Diopter on Nauticam Compact Port 50

2 posts
  1. Hey,

     

    Forgive my noob question, but I'm new to the wet art :-D. I'm in the process of putting together my gear. Since I will mostly be aiming for macro I got the Nauticam Compact Port 50 for the Nikkor 105mm Lens (got it at a bargin price). The question I'm asking myself, is there any possibility of attaching a diopter to this port, even though it doesn't have a M67 thread? Maybe there is some kind of flip mount one can screw onto the port itself? I know that with the Marco Port 87 I could've gotten a port for my lens that has a M67 thread. But as I said.. I got the port and the compact base at a bargain price. And since I'm rather new to all this I'm trying to not buy cheap but still keep the cost at a bearable level :-P.

     

    Cheers

     

    Daniel

  2. Hi Daniel

     

    Yep, folks looking to do "super macro" or macro beyond the 105mm attach a variety of lens additions to the front of the port using a flip-up lens holder. Have a look at this as a starter https://reefnet.ca/products/subsee/

     

    There are various Nauticam options too - and I'm sure someone will help you out with those.

    Edited by TimG
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.