Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Anyone already using the RX100VI in the new Nauticam housing?

Started by wus ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Anyone already using the RX100VI in the new Nauticam housing?

5 posts
  1. What is your experience?

     

    Pros and cons?

     

    Thanks in advance,

    Wolfgang

     

     

  2. Nobody? :mellow:

  3. I have the Mark V. I don't intend to upgrade. The issue is that big ol' strange port that will destroy compatibility with the WWL-1 and CMC-2 lenses I have. For underwater I think that the extra zoom isn't the right answer, and it's better to get the enhanced Mark V.

     

    Regards,

    Dan

  4. Thank you, Dan.

     

    Today I bought the RX100VI. Can't tell much yet, but it seems to be a good little camera. Don't have any UW housing yet, but think I will buy the Nauticam. WWL-1 compatibility is no issue for me as that lens it too big, heavy and expensive for me. What I will (likely) buy are the flip diopter holder for the standard port and the SMC-1.

  5. I have the Mark V. I don't intend to upgrade. The issue is that big ol' strange port that will destroy compatibility with the WWL-1 and CMC-2 lenses I have. For underwater I think that the extra zoom isn't the right answer, and it's better to get the enhanced Mark V.

     

    Regards,

    Dan

    I don’t think that is true reading the specs the VI with the short port gives the same range of the III IV V and with the flat port the full range

    Surely the optical quality may be affected when the lens is far from the glass but would not jump to conclusions

    The RX100 does now need a port system that is a fact and this makes it less portable and more expansive so you wonder why not get a MFT for that price especially if you shoot photos the VI is really not affordable and you may better invest your money on a camera with a full port system

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.