Hi everyone,
As a newbie in underwater photography i would appreciate your experience for helping me to choose my gear...
What i do :
I am more a freediver than a scubadiver (recently achieved my Open Water). I also love to go in the waves shooting surfers.
What/where i shoot :
I live in Reunion Island (indian ocean), i LOVE to shoot the humpback whales during the season, dolphins, turtles. I also like to shoot freedivers practicing.
I am going from 0 to 20 meters (99% of the time). I am not into Macro stuff (maybe later...)
I want to shoot good quality pictures (enough to get printed in a medium format), and also video : Full HD 60p (minimum).
Gears i own :
Actually i use a gopro Hero 5, a good action cam but i'm feeling limited when editing my pictures / videos.
I own a Panasonic G7 with 3 different lenses but i don't find any (affordable) underwater housing for this one...
So, with a 1000$ budget, i am hesitating between :
* Sony A6000 + 16-50mm kit lens + SeaFrogs A6xxx salted line Case
The housing looks great, i like the big glass (to make 50/50 pictures) and i would be able to upgrade up to A6500
* Sony RX100 mark III or mark IV + Sony or Meikon Housing
Ability to upgrade to mark V or VI... but 1" sensor
* Canon G7X mark II + Canon or Meikon Housing
Seems a great compact cam... but still a 1" sensor...
Thank you for helping me in this dilemna ^^
Cheers !