Good morning everyone. I am hoping that I can get some advice from the knowledge base here as I am quite new. I'll start with a bit of background. I've been a diver for 24 years, with the past 14 of it being in the commercial/professional area. When I went commercial, as many of us do, recreational diving went away. It was not until this past year when I decided that I needed to change that and took myself for two weeks to Roatan with my trusty little GoPro, Gobee lights, and filters. Well for a shitty little setup, I managed to get a few really nice shots that ended up as wall pieces in my house. So I kinda got the bug and that is what brings me here.
I recently purchased an Olympus OM-D E-M5 mark ii with PT-EP13 housing. I was looking for a new travel camera and this combination seemed to cover both on land and underwater. So far I love the camera. On land it is awesome, and I have taken in in the pool once and played around and was impressed even without any strobes.
Now my next purchase needs to be some strobes. As I always use work cameras I really never gave it a thought as to the cost or ability of strobes, I just used what was given to me and did what was asked. Now that I want to excel at my own hobby, I want to be a little bit more discerning. I realize that I will get what I pay for and with that I don't mind paying for decent gear. I do find myself a little overwhelmed when trying to figure out what would work for me best and not break the bank as I will only be using this rig when I travel once or twice per year plus a few additional times just for practice in the cold water. I am mostly interested in general underwater shots (nott macro so much) and wide angle. I am hoping that some of the knowledge base here can impart some of their wisdom and opinions on what they feels would work best for me. Cheers.