Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

First images with DSLR

Started by jfe ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

First images with DSLR

4 posts
  1. I recently bought my first DSLR setup, Canon T2i with Ikelite housing. I know it’s an older system but it’s all my budget allows me. Anyhow this is my first attempt with it, light is provided by a flashlight, don’t have strobe or focus light yet.

    Hopefully I can only improve once I get my lighting sorted. All pics taken with a 60mm lens, f5.6; 1/100; ISO 200 and edited in lightroom.

     

    Please feel free to comment what I can do to improve in all aspects, composition, exposure etc.

     

    3b0fc04a491146b77b3d75e23c9b98ab.jpg

     

    post-70504-15352809311252.jpg

     

    post-70504-15352809444126.jpg

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Hi!

     

    I like the third one: lots of neutral space to the left and right of the eyes really concentrates the image on the eyes - which look pin sharp. I like too the way the background colours to the left of the shrimp are the same colours as in the eyes. This makes for a really nice composition. Great job!

     

    With the top two images, I'd suggest having a play around with Lightroom (if you're using that) to see if you can't lower down the highlights in the background which tend to draw my eye more than the main subject in the image. I'd edit out too the "peeker" on the right side of the top picture. He's not helpful to the image. I'd suggest that both images, when compared to the third one, show the advantages of finding neutral apace for macro photos.

     

    Just some thoughts.

     

    But, hey, that third image, first time with an SLR? Nice work!

  3. Thanks for the feedback it makes sense what you’re saying about the free space and the light around the main subject. Appreciate your comments.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Thanks B&H for a quick refresher, updated for the digital age. My first SLR (an old compact favorite) was the OM-1 purchase in the Mid 70s made by Olympus, before the digital age. Your article revealed digital capabilities new to me, example being ISO 25600. Besides, the rest was good refresher for someone who has been away from SLRs for a while and recently purchased a DSLR. Keep publishing.

    Bluestacks

    https://textnow.vip/

    https://downloader.vip/vpn/

    Edited by nadhimw
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.