D70 Galapagos pictures
Hello Fellow Divers!
Keri and I just returned from the Galapagos aboard the Sky Dancer. This was my second outing with the D70 and Ikelite housing. I added a 12-24 DX lens but had only a few keepers. This lens is big and has to be mounted AFTER the camera is already installed in the housing from the front. Removing this lens is not as quick as changing between the 60 mm and 18-70mm. All 3 lenses can share the same port.
Whale Sharks were plentiful but with 40 foot viz and plankton like pea soup wide angle was not too good. The 18-70 lens proved useful for macro and those occasions when a Whale Shark emerged from the gloom. Scalloped hammerheads were all over but very shy, or, I just dont know how to approach these fellows yet...
Pictures at the following link:
http://homepage.mac.com/mikepalasz/PhotoAlbum10.html
Michael and Keri Palasz