Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

What Insurance Should I get?

Started by mymokarran ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

What Insurance Should I get?

3 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I am the owner of a Sony A6300 and I'm planning to purchase a Fantasea housing! I am seriously considering purchasing a homeowner's insurance since this is my first rig. What companies and plans should I be looking at?

     

    Cheers! Thanks for the help!

     

    -Natasha

  2. Hi Natasha

     

    This issue has been discussed a number of times. It’s worth doing a search.

     

    The general view was, in the US, to use home insurance for equipment cover.

     

    In some ways you need to decide what might get written off by a leak: the camera and lens for example. But if the housing is simply a box with mechanical bits, would that be a right off? Once you have decided that, I’d talk to the insurer to make sure whatever needs cover would actually be covered and what the exclusions might be.

  3. You can also get a separate SquareTrade insurance policy - they cover all types of electronics and I have had GREAT service/coverage from them with issues in the past.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.