Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Help to ID a goby?

Started by Joss ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Help to ID a goby?

6 posts
  1. Hello, I would like some help to ID this lovely fella.

    I'm prety sure is common but I have never seen it in the ocean neither pictures.

    It is from the Indic Ocean at the north of Mauritius Island.

     

     

    Thanks and kind regards,

    Joss

     

    post-51360-0-94779300-1537289619_thumb.jpg

  2. I'd say blenny rather than goby. There are a number of them with red spots on a brown body.....but more of the animal would be needed to tell them apart. Take a look at Cirripectes springeri and C. variolosus and C. stigmaticus, for example.

  3. Thank you!

  4. Thank you very much Wolfgang, I would have never identified it by myself.

    Since I found it inside an acropora, I will go with Spotted coral croucher.

  5. Nice! Didn't know that one.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.