Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Olympus RAW plug-in problem on Macintosh

Started by lewinp ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus RAW plug-in problem on Macintosh

3 posts
  1. Olympus RAW plug-in problem on Macintosh

    Has anyone had problems getting the Olympus RAW plug-in to work? I have a Macintosh running Panther (OS X v 10.3.5) and Photoshop CS. I downloaded the plug-in, which shows up as the file "orf2rgb.8ba." I put the file in my plug-ins folder, and even tried moving from Import/Export to file types to custom assigning it a plug-ins folder, but Photoshop CD refuses to recognize it.

     

    Has anyone had this problem, and do they have a solution? When I dowloaded this on the Olympus website, there was nothing under the Macintosh OS, but the plug-in was in the PC folder. The tech support guy I talked to swore this file would work, but I'm wondering if he did not know what he was talking about.

     

    Any help would be appreciated!

  2. I just checked, and the camera raw plugin on both the Mac and the PC is called just that, Camera Raw. It lives in the /plugins/file formats directory.

     

    It sounds to me like orf2rgb might be for the pre raw support in versions 7 and earlier, as CS has had it standard from day one. If perchance your camera is not supported, you might just need to update your Camera Raw plugin to version 2.2.

     

    You can download that here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/det....jsp?ftpID=2461

     

    Hope this helps.

  3. found a working solution!

    Hi all,

     

    FYI I tried the Macintosh versions of the plug in from Olympus and Adobe as Richard mentioned, and from another site. If I went to "Import," I would not have an option for Olympus Raw File - but, if I used the Photoshop CS Image Browser (file / browse), it previewed and opened the raw files into the raw editing box exactly how they should appear.

     

    I'm not sure if there is still a compatibility issue with the import plug-in on Adobe's or Olympus' end, but using the browser is a fine work around. I thought others might find this helpful.

     

    Happy shooting,

    Philip Lewin

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.