trying to find an id for a buddy, was in Puerta Vallerta Mexico .. pacific (just in case)
I think it is a juvenille high hat, thats what the body shape says to me, but the colour yellow is normally only Jack Knifes right ?
and anyone else got any pics to help out ?
looks like juvenile highhat based on horizontal banding and band across eyes ...different than jacknife (vertical banding) or cubbyu juvenile (black oval between eyes).
have never seen the yellow color.. interesting though.
M.
I already answered this back in May...same photo. Here's what I said then..Gungo highhat. Found in the pacific, near Puerto Vallarta.
Cheers,
Marli
is that juvenile ? trying to explain the coloration, it's not documented anywhere !!
Hi again,
At the time, I matched it to a photo on Fish base...the photo doesn't seem to be there any longer: it had the yellow colouration...as it is the only highhat from those parts, it seems logical, but hey... you never know. I haven't been able to find any other photos. It's not an area frequently dived by photographers, unfortunately. New stuff turns up all of the time: particularly nudibranchs.