Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Help on o-ring grease

Started by RuudStelten ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Help on o-ring grease

8 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    after a long wait, I finally got my new INON Z-330 strobes in today. I'd like to take them on a dive tomorrow, but INON didn't include any o-ring lubricant with their strobes. Is it possible to use Nauticam lubricant on the yellow INON o-rings?

     

    Thanks!

    Edited by RuudStelten
  2. The lubricant that Inon supplies for those yellow o-rings is a clear silicon which is pretty much common. It is very different from the white Nauticam stuff.

  3. Yes, this has been covered a zillion times. Nauticam grease is safe for any type of o-ring.

    BIll

  4. Thanks Bill! I was just a bit confused and wanted to double check, because I read your post from 2014 explaining that Nauticam grease is compatible with all types of o-rings, but some nitrile o-rings can swell with fluorosilicone grease (don't know if the INON o-rings are made of nitrile). I wasn't sure if the Nauticam grease, which you mention is perfluoro, is the same as fluorosilicone...

    Edited by RuudStelten
  5. Sorry for not being clear. The Nauticam grease is a perfluoro-ether based grease and is neither silicone or fluorosilicone. It is good for any kind of o-rings. Nitrile can swell with lots of things, but not the perfluoro-ethers.

     

    Cheers

    Bill

  6. I'd email the shop. INON normally includes grease with strobes and even with their torches.

  7. I would suggest getting the Sea and Sea o ring grease, personally that's my favorite to use

  8. For battery cap O-rings, saliva works just fine if no silicon grease is available.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.