Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Dome Port on a Hero 5

Started by JohnF ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Dome Port on a Hero 5

5 posts
  1. Hey Guys,

     

    I have been wanting to get into UW photography and videography for a while but never had the money to get a serious rig. I just picked up a Hero 5 with a Knekt dome port to get me started until I can afford something better. I used it for the first time this weekend freediving in Ginnie Springs but didn't get anything great. Does anyone have a similar setup or can provide any tips to help me get the most out of my Go Pro? Any help would be much appreciated!

     

     

  2. I have the DeepPro System for my GoPro

     

    http://www.wetpixel.com/articles/deeppro-announces-housing-compatibility

     

    use this for Freediving - it give a way better, more stable video platform and the ability to add video arms/lights if I want....and it corrects the "bending" effect the flat port on the GoPro has underwater ...

     

    I get nice Video / Photos with it as I can get closer to subjects and still get an nice overall "Wide Angle" look in my photos/video

     

    - so I'm thinking with your set-up you should be able to do the same. I just found with the small size of the GoPro's - its hard to get a good "stable" photo/video as they are so light & small and when you have limited "time" at depth

     

    so I would suggest - if you can - get a camera tray of some sort with arms/handles for your GoPro - that way you'll have a bit larger & more stable platform to shoot from :)

     

    the 1st tray/handle system I bough for my GoPro was from Backscatter ...

     

    https://www.backscatter.com/Flip-Filters-Double-Handle-Tray

     

    good luck !

  3. I purchased the a very cheep one it is difficult to clean once the dome floods.

  4. Ive shot most of the Florida springs with a Gopro Knekt done set up. Ive taken a lot of great still and video images.

  5. Shoot with pro tune settings on so you can control it better. What is making your images bad? If you are shooting over/under do t forget to spit on the dome, wipe it around, let it sit for few seconds, then dip and shoot.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.