Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

What UW CAMERA should you buy? Advice from a Pro

Started by Tom_.park ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

What UW CAMERA should you buy? Advice from a Pro

4 posts
  1. I get asked this question very often, so here goes, here is my Beginner and Intermediate gear advice. I've been shooting as a pro underwater photographer and videographer for a few years now so hope this helps!
    Happy shooting! 🤟

     

  2. thanks!

  3. Excellent advice. If anyone is looking for the GH5, I see Backscatter has a Black Friday package available for about $1,300USD. That's almost half price.

    Edited by water buffalo
  4. Thanks for the video Tom! I have been thinking about a GH5 (for my first serious camera) and wondered if you could expand a bit more on why you think they aren't as good for stills? The 4k 60 frames per second is something I would like, but I also want to be able to use the camera for stills (above and below water. You mentioned that you use the Panasonic GX7 for most of your photo and video any chance you could run me through the pros and cons of that model vs the GH5? Thanks heaps for your help!

     

    Aero

     

     

    I get asked this question very often, so here goes, here is my Beginner and Intermediate gear advice. I've been shooting as a pro underwater photographer and videographer for a few years now so hope this helps!
    Happy shooting!

     

     

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.