Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Paralenz Video Camera

Started by cjorca ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Paralenz Video Camera

4 posts
  1. does anyone have or has anyone used the Paralenz Dive Camera ?

     

    https://www.paralenz.com/

     

     

    thinking this would be a great little camera for freediving ...or one to mount to my DSLR system to get the occasional video if something cool presents itself.

     

    I've been really disappointed with the GoPro lately ... it seams to eat through batteries and the Plastic housing seems to let a drop of water at the buttons occasionally

     

    any thoughts ???

    Edited by cjorca
  2. I recently had the opportunity of a lifetime to go down in a research sub which had 2 of these in use during each dive. The sub crew spoke very highly of them. They were simply turned on before each dive and ran with no problems (unlike my GoPro 6 which only works the way I want it to about 25% of the time). They were mounted external to the sub and easily handled our 500 foot dives on this trip. I was surprised at how well it white balanced at depth. No filters or post white balance editing required.

     

    Thinking of picking up one myself. Just saw a Black Friday special on their site.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. EXACTLY !!!! - my GoPro has been a MASSIVE disappointment to me ..... (I've had one of each generation up to 4 since they came out) and had 1 leak with the 4 in the GoPro "Dive" version plastic housing and 1 flood at 12 ft with the Original Hero in the regular housing (& I am meticulous about checking o-rings and not jumping into the water with ANY camera equipment)

     

    haven't been keen on trying the newer generations ...

     

    Black Friday special ! time to try something different for compact Video on my Camera System...

     

    everyone we met at DEMA raved about them....so.....

    Edited by cjorca
  4. Has anyone try the new Vaquita??? It seems promising....

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.