Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

eliminating backscatter - new technique?

Started by jong@seaotter.com ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

eliminating backscatter - new technique?

2 posts
  1. I suspect that article suffers from an author that doesn't understand anything about the topic. If you substitute "diffusion" for "backscatter" I think you get closer to what's going on. Seems uninteresting to me in any case, as I've tried a polarizing filter underwater already. They don't work well for wide angle photography and macro is generally shot without ambient light. How would a polarizer reduce backscatter from a strobe yet not effect the subject? Strobes are not polarized light sources anyway.

     

    Now, if you shot ambient light with portrait or telephoto lenses it might be interesting. Who does that?

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.