Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Wide Angle Set Up for Sony a6xxx

Started by RicardoWWW ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Wide Angle Set Up for Sony a6xxx

2 posts
  1. Hi guys,

     

    I am looking for the right set up for wide angle shooting with my Sony a6300. It's in a Meikon / Sea Frogs Salted Line Housing.

     

    I have the following set up on my mind:

     

    • Sony 16-50mm kit lens (full control with zoom and autofocus) with a wide angle wet lens.
    • Sony 16 or 20mm pancake with wide angle or fish eye converter with 4" Dome Port.
    • Sigma 19mm (with autofocus) and a wide angle wet lens.
    • Samyang 8mm (can't use the aperture and focus inside the housing) with 4" Dome Port
    • Samyang 12mm (same, no aperture, no focus control) with 4" Dome Port

    I might be able to 3D print a ring to use at least the aperture of the Samyangs in the housing.

     

     

    Which one would / do you use and why? Or do you have other ideas for me?

     

     

    Thank for your help! :)

     

    Regards,

     

    Ricardo

    Edited by RicardoWWW
  2. Hi Ricardo,

     

    if you'd like to start shooting wa I'd go for a Sony pancake with converter.

     

    Not having focus control is not nice, and I am not a big fun of custom focus gear, I've tried it myself and had bad results.

     

    Francesco

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.