Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Great White cage diving Isla Guadalupe

Started by Donald A ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Great White cage diving Isla Guadalupe

5 posts
  1. Went to Isla Guadalupe for great white shark cage diving with Jimi Partington and Shark Diving Xperts and Islander Charters out of San Diego. It is an incredible trip - 2.5 days on location, 13+ hours in a cage on an air hookah system, lots of large (4-5+m) sharks, 100+ft vis, great food and camaraderie.

     

    I'm an avid amateur wildlife photographer and this was the first time I took my Canon 5Diii underwater. I picked up a used Nauticam housing and prayed! All went well. I shot several hundred images with my 16-35 f2.8L ii. All were shot raw, manual exposure on the bait, ISO 400-800. 1/800s, and f6.3 +/-.

     

    Slowly working through them in LR. This is my first time to post a photo here so hopefully is uploads correctly.

     

    C&C/feedback welcome please. Thanks.

    post-34149-0-74992000-1544276112_thumb.jpg

  2. Great,
    a smiling one ;-))

  3. Great pic! Looked a bit underexposed and I couldn't help myself....Hope you don't mind!post-34149-0-74992000-1544276112_zpsc6ct

  4. Thanks for the feedback. Exposure varies so much by monitor and is especially difficult to judge when going to print.

  5. Absolutely, keeping your monitor calibrated is a big help. If you are using PS or I assume LR as well, I just go to the individual colors in curves and set each individually, it will usually open up the shadows and clear a lot of the color cast up as well! Like I said, great pic!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.