Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Great White Cage Diving Isla Guadalupe

Started by Donald A ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Great White Cage Diving Isla Guadalupe

1 posts
  1. Another one from my trip to Isla Guadalupe with Jimi Partington and Shark Diving Xperts and Islander Charters out of San Diego.



    This shark is known as Ropey due to a rope that encircles her head that her skin has now grown over. Sad.



    I really like the lines of this photo - the rope to the bait, her approaching, and the mackerel and smelt leaving. I also like the details of the bite marks on her side and the reflections off the underside of the water surface.



    I am very disappointed I cut off her tail. I shot this using a 16-35 f2.8L ii at 35mm. I should have zoomed out but things happen so quickly. I'm still new at this.



    Nauticam housing, Canon 5Diii, 16-35 f2.8L ii at 35mm, f8.0, 1/500s, ISO 800, manual exposure metered on the bait, shot raw and processed in LR.



    C&C/feedback welcome please. Thanks.

    post-34149-0-69019300-1544883392_thumb.jpg

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.