Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Insurance against housing flooding

Started by trh_in_houston ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Insurance against housing flooding

6 posts
  1. Does anyone have any experience with purchasing insurance against flooding (and other perils)? When I upgraded this past year (2018) to a more expensive camera system, I purchased insurance from H2OInsurance.com. Their policy seems to cover a number of perils, including flooding of the housing. Since the camera was very expensive, I thought this might be worth the cost.

     

    By the way, I checked and my homeowners would NOT cover the cost of the camera if the housing flooded.

     

    Any thoughts out there?

  2. For a two layer piece of mind I suggest an insurance policy that covers you for accidental loss or unexplained flooding as these are quite common yet don’t always appear in the schedule. I also suggest getting a vacuum leak detection system for extra piece of mind. Personally I use divemaster Insurance. Hope that helps.

    Dan

  3. I think Divemaster Insurance is only valid for UK residents?

  4. I use H2O, had a claim last year for flood and they paid. I was careful to get the flood documented with a letter from the resort in Lembeh where I was staying. Noticed the rates have risen as of Jan, 2019 so may look around when renewal comes up.

     

    Steve

  5. Any options for Canadians?

  6. I have Athos Insurance. I had my Red Epic go in the water from a slip on a boat. They covered everything. Thats the only claim I have had and been with them since 2014. Ive asked them about every scenario I could think of and they said yes it will be covered. Not sure if they do outside US or not but I would recommend checking with them.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.