Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Seagate 5 GB MD, US$250

Started by mrhughj ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Seagate 5 GB MD, US$250

4 posts
  1. Seagate 5 GB MD, US$250

    Just bought a Rio Carbon MP3 player at Best Buy Plantation, FL and took out the 5 GB MD. Instructions are on DPReview, under Storage and Media. There are no screws securing the case, so you must pry the unit apart to get at the MD.

     

    As I use the Fuji S2 Pro, seems as if I can only use 4 GBs, based on the FAT 16 parameters, which is how I finally formated it using BootIt NG. According the various threads, the Seagate MD works in most cameras.

     

    Seems as if MuVo is coming out with one also, which might be available in Singapore

     

    Hope that this works for you.

     

    Hugh

  2. I have the MuVo and ripped it to pieces. Thanks to Eric. :)

     

    As they are micro drives they are very slow.

     

    Also I did have 1 problem where I could not download 150 or so shots from one of my dives.

     

    Its a nice idea to have a card that is capable of 1,000 shots or so but I found I was always removing the card between dives to reveiw and also to lessen the risk of losing multiple dives to a corrupted card.

     

    Anybody esle have a card go wonky? Did you manage to get your shots back , how? I can see the thumbnails but when I try to open I get unsupported format.

  3. Don't Laugh :)

  4. I only use microdrives as a last resort, or for images I don't really care about. I've lost 2 batches of MD photos in my photographic career so far, while I have never lost images from a non-MD CF card.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.