Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

RIP Dean Burman

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

RIP Dean Burman

3 posts
  1. dean_b_600.jpg

     

    Dear Wetpixel community,

     

    It is with tremendous sadness that I share the news that Wetpixel member and contributor Dean Burman (DeanB) suddenly passed away on New Year's day. Dean was a filmmaker, with numerous film credits including a film featuring some amazing behavior footage of pike in an award-winning short film called "Lair of the Water Wolf." His input into the Wetpixel forums was immense, with over 3,000 posts and he was always prepared to offer support, encouragement, and advice both on and offline. It is true to say that he was often the life and soul of the party but he was also a thinker, deeply concerned about the plight of our natural world and issues of social justice.

    I remember many wonderful interactions with Dean over the years. He had the enviable attribute of being able to make serious points while keeping the conversation light-hearted. During one conversation, we were moaning about equipment issues but his sense of humor meant that we both ended up in fits of laughter!

     

    Dean is survived by his daughter and parents and our hearts go out to them along with his many other friends at what must be a devastating time.

     

    Please feel free to share thoughts, memories, and images of Dean in this thread.

     

    Go well, Dean...

  2. Very sad and sudden news. I also enjoyed his conversations on wetpixel. I never met Dean in person but I bought a spot from him for the very first digigreen trip to Scapa. An amusing bit of conversation was my misinterpretation of his question are you well. I wish his family all the strength they need after this loss.

  3. I'm shocked, numb, and very very sad at the news. I don't think I ever met Dean, but we had plenty of chats (and banter!) over the years on Digigreen, email, and Facebook from our shared love of Pike. Dean taught me its cool to become fascinated with common, local subjects and that Stoney Cove offers as good diving as anywhere if you learn your subject. We planned diving together multiple times, but it just never happened.

     

    Poor Willow losing her dad at such a young age :(

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.