Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Indonesia photos

Started by kdgonzalez ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Indonesia photos

13 posts
  1. Hello everyone,

     

    After finally having some time off of work I have started to edit my photos of 2 recent Indonesia trip. The photos are of mixed location and represents Komodo in October 2018 aboard the KLM Mari, and November 2018 from Amed, Bali and aboard the Pindito sailing Ambon to Sorong. I still have a lot more photos to edit and will be updating regularly. Check out my flickr page for the entire album.

     

    31680799827_caee268480_c.jpgindonesia-17 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

    46569775642_e13c720efe_c.jpgindonesia-21 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

    32747787668_72403813c8_c.jpgindonesia-18 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

    46622997701_c080442a0c_c.jpgindonesia-28 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

    31711658387_5f0be68ff7_c.jpgindonesia-23 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

    32775411498_69798423cc_c.jpgindonesia-5 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

    46570341702_890d1283b3_c.jpgindonesia-24 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

    46570473752_8f6339845a_c.jpgindonesia-25 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

    39686868773_07d4ebd7e6_c.jpgindonesia-19 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

  2. Lovely gallery!

     

    Adam

  3. Gorgeous! Where did you encounter the whale?

     

    The trips you describe must represent a lot of photos in the hard drive. I'm interested what your ratio of shots to keepers looks like as you start to edit. Are you working through chronologically or skimming your favourites?

  4. Hi Errbrr

     

    Its a pygmy blue whale, but dont let the name fool you they are 22-25m long. They migrate from Australia up through Indonesia we found them in the Banda Sea. I went with the liveaboard Pindito who does a dedicated whale and macro cruise. We spent 2-3 days looking for and snorkling with dolphins and whales, at some point we could count up to 8 whale spouts around use. The passengers are divided into the 3 tenders and they drop you in front of the whales paths so you can see it.

     

    The dive trips definitively take a lot of memory space. I have opted for a dedicated 10T hard drive for all my past and future dive trips. I usually take somewhere around 3000 photos in a weeklong trip. A lot of them are repeat of the same subject just trying to get the picture I envision. I've gotten better with subsequent dive trips at deleting all those that I know I will never look at again. I usually will edit around 150 or so. While I find it best to go chronologically I usually do end up jumping around while I edit.

  5. really nice shots Karyll ! :clapping:

  6. Your photos are amazing!! I especially love the Mandarin Fish shot. The black background really makes the colors pop.

  7. What snoot are you using?

  8. None of these photos were shot with a snoot. The black background was all done in post. I have a 10bar snoot and I honestly cannot get it to light up in the area that I want in focus even with the laser pointer. Through trial and error Ive learned to expose the subject while underexposing or leaving the background out of focus and then blackening it in post. Hope it helps

  9. 👌🏻

  10. Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing.

  11. Lovely collection! Well done!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.