Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Sealife Strobe and video light on Ikelite

Started by Jaardo ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Sealife Strobe and video light on Ikelite

6 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I just got a Sony RX100 II with the Ikelite 6116.11, and wonder if I could use my Sealife strobe and light on it. I found a Sealife-Ikelite adapter for flex-connect (trays https://www.leisurepro.com/p-slf997/sealife-ikelite-housing-adapter-for-flex-connect-trays)but wonder about the fibre optic cable connector (which is proprietary on Sealife).

     

    Any tips (or great affordable, used or new, compatible arms and strobe/light) welcomed. Thanks!

  2. Thanks for the prompt reply Chris!

    Just ordered. Fingers crossed! 🤞

    I'll comment again if I encounter any problem.

    Cheers!

  3. Hi Chris,

    Received and it works!

    At this point, I'm still trying to get it to trigger the flash every time, but it's great.

    Thanks!

  4. I'm not sure who you would ask to confirm this, but I wonder if the sealife-ikelite adapter would still allow you to shoot TTL mode.

  5. TTl is great for macro, not so great for wide angle... just my thoughts...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.