Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica III restoration and use

Started by alessign ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica III restoration and use

5 posts
  1. After years of patience and search I've found the housing I always wanted the sturdy Aquatica 3 for Nikon
    Why? I like velvia and provia underwater and self develop, sort of a direct approach with photography


    But in order to use it properly underwater I need some missing stuff:
    a shutter speed cap and coupling gears for a nikkor 20mm f2.8
    The 1st solution is to machine them BUT if someone has spars and most likely interest to sell or contribute sending measures for a good cause I'll be happy

    Any help or hint is appreciated

    Cheers

    Alex




    post-79285-0-67141400-1547994257_thumb.jpg

    post-79285-0-33750700-1547994286_thumb.jpg

    post-79285-0-30140000-1547994520_thumb.jpg

  2. Hey I found your post -that took me a awhile.

    yes I'm gathering some stuff for you

    Mark

  3. I had that set up.

    It was built like a tank!

  4. There are several outfits that make custom follow focus gears sized to order, inner and outer diameter. I've seen them for less than $50. If the gear can be concentric, and not have to offset the gear from the ring, you might be able to have one made. Some of the delrin ones can even be offset.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.