Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Oly 5060 Raw Converter Non-Photoshop CS User??

Started by mvermill ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Oly 5060 Raw Converter Non-Photoshop CS User??

4 posts
  1. Oly 5060 Raw Converter Non-Photoshop CS User??

    I am looking for a raw converter for the Oly 5060 (5050 is slightly different format). I don't currently use Photoshop CS, but I do use Photoshop 7.0. (No currently $$$'s to upgrade rigtht now). I want to review & tweak the exposure on the raw image (post-dive). I download the Olympus plugin from their website but that plugin doesn't allow you to do anything, just to read the file. :-(

     

    Does anyone have a low cost raw file converter????

     

    FYI: The program listed in the splashdowndiver article doesn't work with the 5060 raw file.

     

    marc vermill

    marc@southcoastdivers.com

  2. For a limited time, you can download the BETA version of Paintshop Pro 9, that has a very basic RAW converter in it.

     

    http://www.jasc.com/

     

    Not a permanent solution by any means, but it should tide you over.... Who knows, maybe you'll like it, and purchase PSP when it's released.....

  3. It should be pointed out, for current Photoshop users at least, that the upgrade to CS is only $70 more than the purchase of Elements.

     

    Shadow/Highlight is a truly amazing tool, and Adobe considres it one of their most powerful tools. Elements will not have this capability.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.