Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Replacing Nauticam Dome O-ring

Started by mr.reznovich ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Replacing Nauticam Dome O-ring

3 posts
  1. Hi everyone,

     

    I just got a new o-ring for my Nauticam acrylic 8.5 inch dome as the old one was cracked and led to some minor leaks (just few drops) inside the dome.

     

    Just to clarify I'm talking about the black o-ring that seals the acrylic dome to the Port, and not the grey o-ring that simply seals the port to the housing. I have never changed this type of o-ring before, can anybody help with some directions, tips or particular techniques I should use when changing it?

     

    Thanks in advance

  2. You can contact Reef Photo in Fort Lauderdale to get an o ring replacement

  3. I haven't replaced that on a Nauticam but I have on Ikelite which I assume is similar. The only tricky thing about it was that the thread was very fine, so be careful not to cross-thread that. You might need a pipe wrench to remove the ring from the port.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.