Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

yet another Raja Ampat video ;-)

Started by dave@immersed ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

yet another Raja Ampat video ;-)

6 posts
  1. A video from Raja Ampat in December/January.

    Mostly wide-angle (I really don't like using tripods in places like this, so with the macro lens on I tended to stick to stills)

     

    Colour and light was often challenging, with some green water and lots of plankton/particles as you'll see, but of course thats one reason its such a wonderful place!

     

    GH5, mostly using Panasonic 8-18mm, sometimes with 12-35, one shot with 8mm fisheye I think.

    On board the Seven Seas, with a few shots taken during a very relaxing last week at the RA Biodiversity Resort.

     

    Full version:

    https://youtu.be/R6gGXMrV1iE

     

    Short version:

    https://youtu.be/tSnEPuWx0t8

     

    PS - Keep an eye on the background in the manta sequence ;-)

  2. One can never have enough Raja videos if they come as good as this! Very beautiful. Did you use Cinelike D or VLog color profile?

     

    NB: That was a pretty solid shark getting cleaned in the background ;-)

    Edited by bubffm
  3. One can never have enough Raja videos if they come as good as this! Very beautiful. Did you use Cinelike D or VLog color profile?

     

    NB: That was a pretty solid shark getting cleaned in the background ;-)

    Thanks.

    No, it was all shot in standard profile (my V-Log key didn't arrive in time...) and this footage is all 8bit.

    I tried hard to get white balance and exposure good in-camera.

     

    That grey reef shark caught me by surprise! I wish I had ignored the manta for a while and concentrated on the shark, but at least I got it.

    I was really pleased to see so many sharks in Raja actually, and the grey reefs were impressive. We also had a close encounter with a large hammerhead on one of the reefs (Melissa's Garden) , well my buddies did, I was too busy filming a stupid sweetlips or something and completely missed it!

  4. A video from Raja Ampat in December/January.

    Mostly wide-angle (I really don't like using tripods in places like this, so with the macro lens on I tended to stick to stills)

     

    Colour and light was often challenging, with some green water and lots of plankton/particles as you'll see, but of course thats one reason its such a wonderful place!

     

    GH5, mostly using Panasonic 8-18mm, sometimes with 12-35, one shot with 8mm fisheye I think.

    On board the Seven Seas, with a few shots taken during a very relaxing last week at the RA Biodiversity Resort.

     

    Full version:

    https://youtu.be/R6gGXMrV1iE

     

    Short version:

    https://youtu.be/tSnEPuWx0t8

     

    PS - Keep an eye on the background in the manta sequence ;-)

    Thank you for sharing, David.

    I like your video, colors are balanced nicely and music selection is good as well.

    Have you used video lights or a red filter? I do not see shadows anywhere.

  5. Thank you for sharing, David.

    I like your video, colors are balanced nicely and music selection is good as well.

    Have you used video lights or a red filter? I do not see shadows anywhere.

    Thanks.

    No filters, I used Weefine Solar Flare 5000 lights (x2). Not quite Keldans, but they give a nice temperature and even spread.

  6. Loved watching this, brings back fond memories. Will definitely go back this year.

     

    Thanks for sharing.

     

    Diggy

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.