Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

FS: Rolleimarine IV Underwater Housing

Started by cynik ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

FS: Rolleimarine IV Underwater Housing

13 posts
  1. Decided to part with my Rolleimarine IV (#284x) housing that to my knowledge has never been used. Got it awhile ago from an old timer closing his dive shop and kept it as a decorative item in my home. So has remained there in collectable condition along with a rope absent any discoloration and a gasket that is still shiny with no silicon grease. Everything works, glass is clear with no scratches, all knobs/levers actuate easiy and has a lot of the internal parts but does not include the internal focusing/aperture tower. Figure its about time this iconic housing finds a new home..,as neither have the motivation to find these pieces and am also presently landlocked. More pics available on request, feel free to inquire with additional questions..

     

    Price is $800 insured & CONUS shipped to your door, PP fees on me.

     

    post-23577-0-49593600-1550514477_thumb.jpg

    post-23577-0-72115600-1550514487_thumb.jpg

    post-23577-0-94924100-1550514498_thumb.jpg

    post-23577-0-42785800-1550514772_thumb.jpg

  2. Fair Price,somebody buy it!

  3. For that price i would buy it in US.
    The pitty is that there is 30% custom tax on it,
    if someone buys it in europe.
    And not only on the housing price, the EU includes the shipping to the total cost and that makes a huge difference...
    Regards,
    Wolfgang

  4. ttt

  5. Are controls included? Camera are still available,

  6. WYSIWYG

  7. In that case I suggest you lower your price...

  8. WTF...so it's not a fair price then or are you just trolling?

  9. Not trolling,but without controls I'm looking for a better price,

    I have used Rolleimarin systems since 1958.I presently own 2 series 4 complete with cameras.one housing is as new the other needs a lot of work.

    I also know of another Rolleimarin system fully equipeted

    complete with camera not as new but NEW,never used here in Panama City,Florida

  10. Sorry you're not trolling...its actually gaslighting.

     

    Citing ethereal and unsubstantiated deals elsewhere, while failing to respond to private messages made in good faith about exactly what your "better price" is or even make a real offer. I'd love to have this whole thread deleted, but the admin/mods doesn't seem to be interested in keeping this a legitimate forum for selling equipment.

  11.  

     

    Citing ethereal and unsubstantiated deals elsewhere, while failing to respond to private messages made in good faith about exactly what your "better price" is or even make a real offer. I'd love to have this whole thread deleted, but the admin/mods doesn't seem to be interested in keeping this a legitimate forum for selling equipment.

     

     

    Hey Garrett

     

    It's a long established policy that we don't delete threads concerning equipment sales as we think it helpful for both buyers and sellers to see what took place.

     

    As you will have seen there are loads of highly successful sales between members of Wetpixel. Disputes and fallings out are, happily, very rare.

     

    I hope you are able to find a buyer for that Rolleimarine - it's quite an item!

  12. I agree that policies are important, but that seems almost a pedantic point since this forum is appreciably more pro-active towards identifying and preventing potential fraud than when originally joined ten years ago. Perhaps that why Tim felt it necessary to publicly call me out here?

     

    Regardless, if preserving discourse, which I admit started off positive and encouraging, is the primary goal here....then I offer this perspective that failing to moderate posts that veer out of that territory in the Classified section, might otherwise discourage or impair legitimate buyer-seller interactions...which for example has eroded my confidence in this community, and only encourages more spam/trolling/etc.

    Edited by cynik
  13. Garrett,

     

    We edit and delete (the very few) posts that are de facto fraudulent, or in instance of personal attacks on community members. It is not in any way pedantic, it is an actual policy. There is no way to moderate an online communication when parts of it have been deleted...

     

    In this instance, I see no evidence of either of these being the case.

     

    As I view this, the prospective buyer simply believes that your goods are overpriced, He or she has every right to state this. You may not agree, of course, and are also free to state this. This is called conversation :)

     

    I fail to see how you can categorize the conversation above as trolling or spamming.

     

    Adam

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.