Hi Everyone,
Wanted to share my latest Rolling in the Deep episode. Just returned from Dauin Philippines. Great Macro there. Stayed with Atlantis, and they have great guides.
As always any critiques are welcome. Thanks for watching.
-Dustin
Read-only discussion
Hi Everyone,
Wanted to share my latest Rolling in the Deep episode. Just returned from Dauin Philippines. Great Macro there. Stayed with Atlantis, and they have great guides.
As always any critiques are welcome. Thanks for watching.
-Dustin
another great piece Dustin. I really loved Dauin but not just for the black sand but for the fact you can see groupers and barracudas and nearby apo island is just wonderful
Just gorgeous.
well done!
Dustin - Fantastic work as always! I'll have to watch it a bunch more times to absorb everything, but damn! There are several sequences that made me say "wow" - the two yellow gobies in the bottle, the nudis mating with an emperor shrimp standing guard, the nudi laying eggs with a skeleton shrimp next door, and the jawfish with eggs popping up into the frame are all spectacular. Did you somehow figure out a way to house a microscope for some of these shots? Great stuff, thanks for sharing. Robert
Tropoboro beat me to it - absolutely fantastic. I agree about the "wow" shots indeed. Thank you again for sharing this.
Absolutely amazing!
Care to share filming techniques? Lighting setup etc? Camera setup?
Wow!!!
That was really incredible. Some of the best macro footage that I have ever seen and a great edit too. Awesome share!
Stellar work, man. Can you tell me about your equipment please
another great piece Dustin. I really loved Dauin but not just for the black sand but for the fact you can see groupers and barracudas and nearby apo island is just wonderful
It is a nice place to have some break up of the diving with some wide angle stuff.
Dustin - Fantastic work as always! I'll have to watch it a bunch more times to absorb everything, but damn! There are several sequences that made me say "wow" - the two yellow gobies in the bottle, the nudis mating with an emperor shrimp standing guard, the nudi laying eggs with a skeleton shrimp next door, and the jawfish with eggs popping up into the frame are all spectacular. Did you somehow figure out a way to house a microscope for some of these shots? Great stuff, thanks for sharing. Robert
Thanks for the compliments. I do love all those shots you mentioned. Especially the emperor shrimp with the nudis mating. That was my last shot of the trip on a dive, that was basically a bust. I haven't ever seen that before!
To be honest, the most difficult shot was the shaun the sheep nudis. In order for that shot to happen with a black background, nearly everything had to be perfect. Its unfortunate that most people will see a nice shot, but not realize how difficult it was. That shot I used the SMC-2 Which if you have ever used it, is an incredibly diffiicult wet lens from Nauticam. The 4x magnification is great! but the shallow dof is so difficult. You have to have the subject 1/2 inch away from the lens. Then lighting becomes difficult. Those nudis are on leaf like algae, that moves in current. So I had really no current on the dive. Then I had to have the 2 nudis in the same plane of focus on the edge of the algae. I've seen alot of these, and this was a perfect setup. for the shot. I am just thankful they were both looking at the camera and both relatively in focus.
I use a Canon 1dx2 which at 4k has a 40% crop. With a 100mm lens, and an SMC1 and SMC. That is my magnification setup. The SMC2 was also used for the close up of the jawfish eggs.. Lucky shot, that jawfish was the most cooperative I have ever experienced. Again, Lens 1/2 inch away from its mouth.
Dustin
Absolutely amazing!
Care to share filming techniques? Lighting setup etc? Camera setup?
Wow!!!
Thanks. No secrets here. Used a Canon 1dx2, 100mm lens, with SMC1, and SMC2. Nauticam housings (smallhd monitor), Sola Lights. Xit404 tripod.
Stellar work, man. Can you tell me about your equipment please
Answered in another response.
Hi,
yes the sheep is a monster ;-))
Was in Bohol second week of february, and have seen it the first time there.....
To get a good pic, you need a lot, but good footage needs much more!
Regards,
Wolfgang
very nice work!
What a beautiful edit !!!
Cool! I personally liked Halimeda Seahorse at 3.42, uncommon one!
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.