Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

For Sale: Tokina 10-17 fisheye and Sea & Sea's best dome port

Started by glewbel ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

For Sale: Tokina 10-17 fisheye and Sea & Sea's best dome port

7 posts
  1. Hi, all.

     

    I bought this beautiful glass dome and lens combo new in June last year to shoot on a new Sea & Sea MDX-80D housing. A couple of months ago an old friend decided to quit u/w photography and gave me his fisheye lens and another glass port, and I don't need to own two sets of fisheye lenses, zoom gears, and ports.

     

    The Optical Dome Port II sells for $1030 at Backscatter, and the Tokina 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 fisheye for Canon sells for $469. The zoom gear costs $220. There's no point in separating them, so I'll sell them as a set only. I'm asking $860 plus insured shipping. That's half the retail cost, so please don't bother trying to haggle on this one. Below are links to a few of my shots taken with this dome and lens.

     

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/firststage/43257166981/in/photolist-28UuhFP
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/firststage/29387465798/in/photolist-LLSrJN
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/firststage/29387476868/in/photolist-LLSv2E

     

    Thanks for looking. Please let me know if you have any questions.

  2. There's been no action on this dome and lens so I'm wondering if the price is the problem. Is 50% off retail unreasonable? Anyone out there interested in this but can't afford it? Please get in touch and let me know what you think is reasonable and affordable for you. Thanks -- George

  3. I'm interested in everything except the lens since I shoot Nikon. I assume the ports would be compatible since my housing is a S&S, but I could be wrong. I shoot macro and would rarely shoot otherwise, so I would have balked at the price tag only because it would not get much use.

  4. Hi, Mrchen911.

     

    My dome won't work for you.

     

    Sea & Sea makes 3 very similar compact glass dome ports for fisheye lenses. Models are designated 100 M (#30134), 100S (#30133), and 100L (#30135). These domes are all described here: http://www.seaandsea.jp/products/digital_slr/port/001.html#30116

     

    The one I have is the 100M (#30134) and it is specifically for the Tokina AT-X 107 DX Fisheye 10-17mm lens that I also would like to sell. It will accomodate either the Nikon-compatible Tokina or the Canon-compatible Tokina 10-17, but it won't handle either Nikon-branded or Canon-branded OEM lenses.

     

    You'd need either the #30133 for the Nikon 10.5mm fisheye, or the #30135 for the Nikon 8-15mm fisheye (and the appropriate zoom gear) if you want to stick to Nikon-branded lenses.

     

    Thanks and good luck -- George

    Edited by glewbel
  5. I'm interested is this still available? 

  6. 5 hours ago, rhiannon said:

    I'm interested is this still available? 

    Hi, Rhiannon. Thanks but this gear was just spoken for. If the deal falls through, I will post a note to you immediately. Best -- George

  7. The dome port, lens, and gear have been sold. Thanks for looking.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.